The Nomad is designed to assist glaziers to unload, transport and install glass safely. It has a lifting capacity of 400kg. It can rotate glass (with rotating head option) measuring up to 4400 mm. It has adjustments to allow for side and top pocket glazing. The Nomad is the worlds first patented labour saving, cost effective device which offers a safer option to the manual handling of glass, slate and board on site. The Nomad was designed and developed by a Chiropractor and Occupational Health and Safety Consultant, to assist glaziers with the installation, transportation and rotation of glass weighing up to 400kg. The Nomad has received the following awards: 2005 2nd Place Best Solution For Sprain and Strain Injuries, WorkSafe Vic Australia Award; 2005 Finalist Engineers Australia Award; 2004 Invention Of The Year Award.
- Eliminates OHS issues such as strains and sprains resulting from manual handling of glass
- Reduces man power required for transportation and installation of heavy glass by up to 50 percent
- Prevents breakages and damage to glass in transport and installation
- Protects the workers whilst carrying glass
- Rotate long plates of glass (with rotating head option)
- Unloads glass on and off an A frame truck, transports and installs glass into most frames (using the QuattroLifts Glazing Guides)
- Lifts glass weighing up to 400kg, 4500mm wide x 3600mm high
- Generally requires only 2 people to transport and install glass safely
- Can be easily assembled and transported in a ute or van
- Transports glass over uneven ground
- Rotates glass from horizontal to vertical (with rotating head option)
- Rotating Head: (See next page)
- Outrigger Legs: These attach to the back of the Nomad to provide extra stability on uneven ground and allow the Nomad and glass to be tilted back 30 degrees allowing safe rotation of glass indoors.
- Window Transporter: Two adjustable cleats easily attach to the Nomad allowing two people to lift, transport and install a glazed unit on-site. The large 11 inch All Terrain Wheel allows the Nomad to transport the window over difficult terrain.
- U Channels: The Nomad U Channels allow the Nomad to safely transport heavy plates of glass over small steps and soft uneven grounds, commonly seen on construction sites.
Note: For further details please contact our sales office